Fond Saint-Jacques : remains of the sugar refinery
In 1658, the widow of governor Jacques du Parquet offered to the Dominican fathers grounds, on which were built a monastery and a sugar refinery .
When Father Labat arrived in Martinique, he modernized the Habitation Fond Saint-Jacques. There, he finalized his famous alembic. Here are the remains of the sugar refinery.